T20 World Cup: Aaron Jones’ storming innings, USA victorious

Because of American batsman Aaron Jones’ sensible innings of unbeaten 94 runs off 40 balls United States by T20 World Cup Within the opening match, Canada was defeated by seven wickets.

Born in New York however raised in Barbados, Jones fully modified the momentum of the match by hitting 10 sixes in an excellent third-wicket partnership of 131 with Andres Goss.

Former South Africa Below-19 batsman Ghose scored 65 runs off 46 balls.

He shaped a partnership with Aaron Jones that noticed the US attain 173 for 3 within the sixteenth over following dropping two wickets within the seventh over.

The American group scored 197 runs in 17.4 overs to make it two-four in a one-sided defeat to Canada.

It was an ideal begin to the event for co-hosts USA. This made the followers within the stadium soar with pleasure. Jones gave the Canadian group no run together with his sensible batting.

Jones’s innings is the second most with 10 sixes in a T20 World Cup innings following West Indies’ Chris Gayle’s 11 in opposition to England in 2016.

Jones mentioned following the match, ‘With our batting line-up we knew {that a} chase of lower than 200 runs was doable.

This part accommodates associated reference factors (Associated Nodes discipline).

‘I wish to shoot with energy. I do know if I center the shot it’ll exit of bounds. I like to come back on when the group is beneath strain, it brings out my finest.’

Group Canada, who made their debut within the T20 World Cup, additionally performed properly batting first and set the USA a goal of 194 runs to win.

Canada’s Navneet Dhaliwal scored 61 and Nicholas Curtin scored 51 runs.

Shreyas Mowa performed an innings of 32 runs off 16 balls and performed an necessary function in main Canada to a powerful rating within the Group A match, however the rating of 193 proved too low in entrance of the robust American batting.

USA is co-hosting T20 World Cup 2024 together with West Indies and 16 group stage matches are being held in three US states of Florida and New York and Dallas.

#T20 #World #Cup #Aaron #Jones #storming #innings #USA #victorious
2024-06-08 22:11:59

Share:

Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
LinkedIn

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.