T20 World Cup 2024 schedule ‘most complicated’: ICC

The International Cricket Council (ICC) has said that this year America And West Indies I will be T20 The World Cup The schedule is the ‘most complicated’ schedule ever.

According to news agency AFP, a record 20 teams will participate in this tournament, which is more than the 16 teams in the 2022 edition.

The tournament will be played at nine venues across North America, including New York City, including a 34,000-seat stadium in Nassau County.

The Long Island Ground was unveiled by the ICC on Wednesday. The ground will host the match between India and Pakistan on June 9 out of the eight scheduled matches of the World Cup.

It will be a temporary stadium with drop-in pitches but will not be equipped with floodlights.

“We are in New York because New York is a hub for cricket fans and we are hosting one of the most awaited cricket matches at this venue,” ICC Head of Events Chris Tetley told reporters at an online media roundtable. Bringing something from.’

He said, ‘So I hope that the field will be full and the atmosphere of the World Cup will be amazing.

“Yes, the time of day is a factor we take into account but we are talking about world-class cricket with the best players in the world and they are going to perform brilliantly at a world-class venue.”

Hosts USA will play their opening match against neighbors Canada in The Dalles on June 1, while West Indies will begin their campaign against Papua New Guinea in Guyana. The final will be played on June 29 in Bridgetown, Barbados.

Chris Tetley said: ‘In my experience this has been the most complicated match schedule for this tournament so far. This is the biggest T20 World Cup ever in terms of number of matches and number of teams.’

This section contains related reference points (Related Nodes field).

Indian websites have announced the timings of the matches starting between 2pm and 4pm local time according to the fans in the subcontinent.

However, Tetley says that he has not finalized the matches yet. He says that we have not released the start time of the matches yet.

The US hosted its own T20 franchise league Major League Cricket last year with MI New York winning the inaugural title.

According to Chris Tetley: ‘I see it (the T20 World Cup) as a fantastic opportunity to tap into the interest within the US.’

He said ‘Cricket What is the name of what is being played in my yard now? Major League Cricket received little interest in its first season. The Cricket World Cup in New York has been featured on breakfast chat shows in a way that was never seen before.’

The New York Stadium was designed by Population, a company that has designed some of the world’s most famous venues, including New York’s Yankee Stadium and London’s Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.

Join Independent Urdu’s WhatsApp channel for authentic news and current affairs analysis Here Click

#T20 #World #Cup #schedule #complicated #ICC
2024-08-17 06:35:36

Share:

Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
LinkedIn

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.