T1 Kumayushi “Ring? I brought it to make fun of Gen.” (2022 LCK Summer) [SS영상]

[스포츠서울 박경호기자] T1 defeated Gen. 2-1 in the first round of the ‘2022 League of Legends Champions Korea (LCK)’ summer split held at LOL Park in Jongno, Seoul on the 8th.

The following is a Q&A with Lee Min-hyung of ‘Kumayushi’.

Q. How did you feel regarding winning the Gen.G match that you wanted to lose?

-Gen.G is on an undefeated streak, so I wanted to tackle it, but I’m happy that it happened. She seems to have had a fun game in a long time.

Q. All of the LCK commentators predicted Gen.G’s dominance.

– Rather, it seems to have been more motivating because many people predicted Gen.G’s victory, and it’s a situation that hasn’t come out in a long time. People always thought that T-One would win, but this time, they predicted that Gen.

Q. What did you focus on preparing for Gen.G?

-At first, it seems that Lucian and Jerry were nerfed and thought a lot regarding their ban picks and paid attention, just the bottom composition? I think I did it thinking that a lot of different picks might come out.

Q. One set that was disappointing, what kind of feedback did you give and receive?

-In the first set, it seems that the ban picks were a bit frustrating. It wasn’t trivial, but in-game, the play wasn’t clean, so I think I made up for it.

Q. 2nd set ‘Super Hard Carry’ Draven Pick Background

-Draven was a pick I had always been confident in, and it was a pick I had been working hard on, and it was great to take it out, and I think I picked it because I thought it was worth using Draven enough when I saw the combination of my opponent.

Q. At what timing did you foresee victory in the 3rd set?

– The moment of victory in the 3rd set was honestly when you even floated Melmothus? I didn’t think there was going to be a fight, and I was a little embarrassed when I was bounced off at the end, but seeing my team beat them all, something was right with me (physical strength), but I was nervous. I think I just thought I was going to win.

Q. I’m curious regarding Kumayushi’s favorite support pick.

-To be honest, I don’t think there is any particular support that I prefer, and there seems to be a one-deal that I want to do. The Draven we did today or Lucian, Kogmo, Jerry? They seem to like hard carry and fun things.

Q. Kumayushi, who is sweet to fans, what is your personality?

-considerate? I do not know. It’s kind of weird, but I guess that’s the way it is.

Q. Where does Kumayushi’s confidence come from?

-The source of confidence seems to come from one’s own abilities, and I think it’s just that.

Q. You showed the ring ceremony. Why did you bring the ring

-It’s a ring I got from Tiffany following winning Spring and beating Gen.G. I think I brought it to make fun of Gen.G.

Q. Wolf “The MVP of my heart is Kumayushi”, a word to Wolf

-I think I’ve been struggling a bit lately, but I’m showing a brighter side today, and I think they’re praising me for overcoming well. I’ll do my best.

Q. Preparations and aspirations ahead of the next opponent, Brion

-Freddit Brion It seems like you’re getting a little disappointing grades these days, but I felt solid even in spring, so I’ll be vigilant and overcome it well.

Q. A word to the fans

-Thank you for always supporting me, there were a lot of people who cared regarding me and supported me these days, but thanks to that, I feel like I finished today’s Gen.G.

Coverage | Reporter Jiyoon Kim merry0619@sportsseoul.com

video | Reporter Park Kyung-ho park5544@sportsseoul.com

Share:

Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
LinkedIn

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.