Breaking stories and in‑depth analysis: up‑to‑the‑minute global news on politics, business, technology, culture, and more—24/7, all in one place.
Israel has launched a major attack on Hezbollah’s headquarters in Beirut, the capital of Lebanon. Bombs weighing 2,000 pounds were dropped on the southern area of Beirut, which destroyed six buildings, while 8 people, including important commanders, were martyred and around 100 were injured in the attack. America’s response to this issue has also come out.
The Israeli Air Force bombarded the southern area of Beirut on Friday evening. In the videos that surfaced on social media, many buildings in the urban area can be seen engulfed in smoke, while many places have potholes on the roads. The Israeli media, citing reliable sources, said that Zainab Nasrallah, the daughter of Hassan Nasrallah, was martyred in the airstrike.
Israeli media claimed that Hezbollah chief Hassan Nasrallah was also inside the headquarters at the time of the attack. The British news agency Reuters reported with reference to Hezbollah sources that Hassan Nasrallah is alive. The Iranian news agency Tasnim also reported that Hassan Nasrallah is safe.
Hassan Nasrallah’s daughter ‘martyred’ in Israeli attack on Hezbollah headquarters
The Lebanese Ministry of Health did not give the final death toll, but said that a few bodies had been recovered. Hezbollah’s al-Manar TV reported that four buildings were destroyed and many people were killed. According to AP News, the attack was so intense that buildings were reduced to rubble and windows were broken in houses 30 kilometers away in northern Beirut.
An Israeli army spokesman claimed that the operation was carried out against Hezbollah’s headquarters, which was built under several residential buildings. Hezbollah’s al-Manar television reported that at least four residential buildings were destroyed in the Israeli strikes.
Before this attack, there were fears that Israel could launch a ground attack on southern Lebanon at any time. The Israeli army has delivered dozens of tanks, armored vehicles and other equipment to the Lebanese border. Clear orders have also been given to the army. The Israeli army has launched a major attack on the central headquarters of the Hezbollah militia in the southern part of Beirut, the capital of Lebanon. In the context of the attack on Beirut, Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu is returning home after cutting short his visit to America.
North Korea has publicly executed a citizen by firing squad for breaking the Corona ban law.
A citizen in North Korea was put in front of a firing squad for violating the Corona ban, the citizen was accused of smuggling across the closed Chinese border.
This news has been given by North Korean insiders, the citizen who violated the corona restrictions was shot so that people will be afraid and comply with the corona restrictions.
North Korean government sources claim that there has not been a single case of corona in their country yet, but on the other hand, Kim Jong-un’s government has taken very strict emergency quarantine measures in the country, and the army has been ordered. People seen around the Chinese border should be shot without hesitation.
According to Radio Free Asia, the sources said that the public shooting of the citizen was arranged to scare people living in the border area, as there are many people with cross-border connections and smuggling. Lives.
The man who was executed, said to be in his 50s, was accused of smuggling across the border with his Chinese business partners, which was shut down this year.
It should be noted that China is a major trading partner of North Korea, but due to the Corona epidemic, mutual trade has decreased by 75 percent. Because of the risk of the virus being transmitted by smugglers, Kim’s government ordered the military to deploy to the border to enforce restrictions.
Not only this, Pyongyang also sent special units to check the border guards to ensure that they themselves are not involved in smuggling.
#citizen #publicly #executed #violating #Corona #lockdown
2024-09-30 18:54:26
In one of the largest Jewish communities in Germany, a new local council was elected on September 19th and 29th.
Shortly after midnight the result was clear: 1,664 votes went to Benjamin Graumann, 1,497 votes to Marc Grünbaum and 1,332 votes to Ilja Kleiman. For the four-year legislative period until 2028, the local council consists of the first 17 of the 32 candidates.
5,035 community members were called to vote. The voter turnout was 44.87 percent. 17 of the votes cast were invalid.
The inaugural meeting of the local council is scheduled for October 8th. In an Instagram post, the Jewish community congratulated the elected local councilors and thanked all volunteers and election workers.
Salomon Korn, the community’s long-time chairman, no longer ran in the elections. Accordingly, there will be a new community leader after 25 years.
The Jewish Community of Frankfurt is one of the four largest Jewish communities in Germany. and
Read more about this in our next print edition.
Real Madrid travels to Lille this Wednesday at 9 p.m. as part of the second day of the 2024-2025 Champions League.
After the 1-1 draw in the derby against Atlético and all the controversies surrounding the incidents suffered by goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois, Real Madrid already has its head turned towards the Champions League which returns on Wednesday evening.
In two days, Real Madrid will travel to the Stade Pierre-Mauroy to face LOSC without Thibaut Courtois, injured in the adductor, who will definitely have had a very bad evening at the Metropolitano. The Merengues, after their 3-1 success against Stuttgart, are aiming for a second victory in this European marathon with still 7 matches to play before reaching the final phase.
The referee for this LOSC – Real Madrid meeting has also been appointed and it will be the Italian Maurizio Mariani, 42, who will officiate for this match in the north of France. This is a referee who has been playing in the Italian championship since January 2013 and who has held the “international badge” since January 2019.
His 2nd with Real
This is the second match that he has refereed in this edition of the Champions League where he has already officiated in a qualifying match. This is the second time he has crossed paths with Real Madrid in the European Cup. The previous one took place during the group stage of the 2022-2023 Champions League when Casa Blanca beat RB Leipzig 2-0 at the Santiago Bernabéu.
He also refereed FC Barcelona and FC Sevilla in European competitions and only FC Sevilla lost with the Italian on the whistle. This will be the first time that he will referee Lille in the European Cup. The Italian referee will also be accompanied by his compatriot Daniele Chiffi on VAR.